Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Where Are They Now: Henry Baum

There is a new POD book review site out there, The Self Publishing Review (http://selfpublishingreview.com/) and it's run by Henry Baum, the author of North of Sunset.

I really like the look of the site and the fact that it seems to cover more than just reviews: there are columns that deal with cover design, a news section, and a review of publishers in the self-publishing world.

Henry decided to create a review site in order to help legitimize self-publishing.
I've been meaning to do this for a while - one of my complaints about self-publishing is how little it's taken seriously.  I wanted to create a place that will hopefully legitimize self-publishing to some degree and get writers some attention.  It doesn't just cover book reviews, but every facet of self-publishing - news, how-to's, and the like.
Henry is also working on a new book.
I'm gearing up to release my next novel and I don't really have the heart or desire to deal with submitting it to publishers.  I've been working on this novel for a few years and it has some of the same issues as North of Sunset - it's not well-defined in any one genre.  The closest thing would be science fiction, but I'm not a science fiction writer, so I could see some negative responses.

2 comments:

Henry Baum said...

Thanks for the mention. You've reviewed Frank Daniels' Futureproof in the past. Check out his guest post on the site now about going from self-published to Harper Collins. Think you'll like it.

Henry Baum said...

Re: your comment on the site: "like it," was probably the wrong choice of words. But it does show a glaring honesty, which is why Futureproof is so powerful.